|I have lost my passport. What should I do ?
Report of the loss
If your passport has been lost or stolen you should immediately report it to the nearest Police Station and forward a copy of the police report to the Controller General of Immigration & Emigration. If applying for a fresh passport, this police report must be submitted along with the application form.Fine for loss of a valid passport
(M series passports are considered valid for 10 years from the date of issue)
A fine of Rs. 10,000.00 will be imposed.Who can attest a passport application ?
- Justice of the Peace
- An officer of Sri Lanka Administrative Service, Education Administrative Service, Accountant Service, Planning Service OR Engineering Service
- Attorney at Law
- Qualified Medical Practitioner
- A Commissioned officer in Sri Lanka Army/ Navy/Air force or Police
- OIC of the Police Station of the area
- Grama Niladhari / Samurdhi Manager / Social Service Officer of the area.
- A Post Master/ A Principal of School/ A Labor Officer
- An Estate Superintendent
- Assistant Controllers, Authorized Officers and Enforcement Officers of the Department of immigration and Emigration.
- Chief Incumbent of a religious mission (Temple, Church, Mosque or Kovil).